Thursday, September 1, 2011

This much, I can do

I know that this tends to be a recurring theme of mine, but I can never ever hope to repay the many individual kindnesses that my sweet daughter is currently reaping the benefits of. But I can do this. And not just for Alexandra, but also…

Abby, Adjoa, Aiden, Ainsley, Alexa, Alexander, Alli, Amanda, Amy, Andrew, Anna, Autumn, Ben, Beth, Boz, Brandi, Brendan, Brooke, Brynn, Caitlyn, Caitlyn, Caleb, Cam, Cassandra, Cassie, Cayden, Chad, Chell, Coco, Colleen, Connie, Connor, Dani, Daniel, Danielle, David, Dean, Deanna, Eilish, Elizabeth, Emily, Emma, Grant, Hailey, Hannah, Heidi, Holly, Ian, Jack, Jacob, Jacob, Jamie, Jayden, Jenna, Jenny, Jesse, Jimmy, Jonah, Jordan, Jordan, Josh, Joshua, Justin, Kailee, Kailey, Katerina, Katie Jane, Kayla, Kerri, Kevin, Kyle, Kyra, London, Maddie, Marissa, Matt, Max, McKenna, Melissa, Mia, Michael, Morgan, Nathan, Nicholas, Nick, Nicole, Noah, Owen , Rachel, Rae, Ray, Reann, Richard, Sam, Samantha, Sarah, Scott, Sean, Seth, Sevaun, Stephanie, Steven, Tasha, Taylor, Tessa, Tim, Tommy, Tony, Trent, Treston, Trey, Ty, Tyler, Tyler, Zac, Zane, and Zoe.

As well as all of the other children (even those now grown) who have already endured so much more than any child should ever have to and for the parents who must stand by and watch, both in heartbreak and in awe.

So, as of today, I have set up a recurring monthly donation of $100 to the Faustman Laboratories at Massachusetts General Hospital in honor of my too sweet girl, Alexandra.

I believe that Dr. Faustman gives us our best closest hope for a real cure for type 1 diabetes. And while it’s not a lot of money, every little bit counts. If you’ve got a little spare money, too, I’m sure Dr. Faustman can put it to good use.

No comments: